Digital Healthcare | What’s’ next?
There are many revolutions which we have seen in our lifetime like Internet revolution, Smartphone revolution, Information & Communication revolution. Next is to “integrate” all and use technology to bring revolution in must needy space of “Healthcare”!
What Advisor Healthcare (http://www.advisor.healthcare ) aka “HealthAdvisor” is poised to achieve with “Virtual Hospital” as a solution is to deliver healthcare which is “decentralized“, “mobilized” and “personalized” to improve the accessibility, cost and timely delivery of care!
- With the “Virtual Hospital”, Advisor Healthcare is disrupting the healthcare delivery by enabling the connect from anytime, anywhere.
- The care already is moving from traditional hospitals to specialized clinics, finally to the Home (in hands of patients). With the change and the advent of Mobile Health based applications, you will see more participation by patients which is at the center of care. Also, both performance and accountability is linked to patient satisfaction and hence the shift.
- To solve Accessibility issue: Currently in India, 75-80% of health infrastructure, resources (doctor/nurses and other manpower), are concentrated in Top 20% of the cities where only 25% of the population lives.
- More than 225 Million Smartphone users in India and growing with whooping 36% CAGR
- Ease of Mobile makes it easier for users to seek and find information and get connect to their Care Team at their convenience.
- Anytime, Anywhere, Anydevice (Whenever, wherever required)
- Human Body composition (Every person has a unique variation of the human genome) and the Lifestyle and many other unique things to a person requires care to be delivered in personalized form. Hence, using data & analytics to curate personalized experiences and make use of various other technological advancements like Personalized genetic tests / diet plans with extensive use of the user data.
- And to improve the wellbeing which requires change in behavior with use of preventive healthcare techniques and patient education.
Things to consider
Data and Analytics
Development of better tools / technologies to manage data at scale to provide high reliable healthcare and more understanding and exploitation of Big Data is a good news to the domain of healthcare. Advisor Healthcare, data services layer makes use of the following data models to harness the power of data (as of now):
- Clinical Data Model
- Heath IssuesDocument Repository
- Medical Records
- Remote Monitoring & Logged tracking data
Increase in patient satisfaction through follow-ups and “connected care” and reducing the cost of care and better outcomes.
Ease of Communication
Removing the barrier primarily “language” during communication between care seeker and care provider – extensive use of the audio and symptom-based search to get connect to the “right” care providers.
Patient Education & Awareness
- Content push / blogs (similar to http://blog.advisor.healthcare ) & Push notifications used to disseminate information about various disease conditions and health & wellbeing awareness
- Online Radio
- Exploit IoT space (Internet of Things)
- Logging User data
- Remote Monitoring of user data by Care Team
- Integrated Google Fit / Apple Health Kit
Remote data collection & Patient Monitoring
Moving ahead on technology!
During 1st week of September, I was at HMA (Hospital Management Asia) 2015 conference in Yangon, Myanmar and the discussion we had that technology is already playing big role in care providers’ segments like for Doctor’s (Physicians, Pediatricians) work is to do Physical Examination, History Taking, Ordering investigations, Treatment and Medical Prescription. With technology these are now have some technology solutions like Clinical Diagnosis support, AI algorithms, Clinical decision support, Medical prescription check for allergy or interactions. Also in other fields also like Surgeons, we have Robotic surgery, for Radiologists we have CAD (computer aided diagnosis), Pathologists we have C-Path (Computational Pathologist) etc. where digital imagery and computer software to analyze more than 6,000 cell and tissue features faster and in more depth than human through microscope. Also for family doctor & dietitians who is providing the holistic care, counseling, preventive medicine, we have mobile health apps based solutions like one by Advisor Healthcare named “HealthAdvisor” for better connect with care providers at your convenience from home.
At Advisor Healthcare – A Digital Healthcare Startup, we are on a mission to make healthcare services within reach of masses via Digital Consultation. We are building a technology platform to bring Healthcare Professional (Care Providers) and Patients (Care Seekers) together, so that the consultation take place in an easy, cost and time effective manner.
Advisor Healthcare provides various cutting edge technologies to simplify the digital consultation and Our offerings include:
- Mobile App for Users – mobile brings the next big revolution specially to India. Our mobile app enables doctor discovery and digital consultation using chat, audio and video with in-app solution, so that the experience can be seamless and personalized. We use mobile as a health tracking tool as well, so that we can leverage personal health data of the patient for a better and personalized treatment.
- Integrated Video, Audio and Chat – We offer a seamless consultation experience using Video, Audio and Chat consultation which are integrated with our mobile apps, web apps and website (Patient portal / Clinical portal).
- Consultation Scheduling System – For digital consultation, we have end to end scheduling solution. So that a patient can check available consultation slots for a particular doctor and schedule a consultation. Our system is flexible enough for doctors, so that they can reschedule the consultation if needed.
- Doctor App – We have an on-cloud application for Doctors, so that they can manage patients remotely through Clinical portal.
- Digital Prescription and Reminders – Our system supports digital prescriptions, so that a patient can get prescription via email and from our mobile apps. At the same time our system is intelligent enough to schedule reminders for diet plans and medicines for better results.
- Personal Health Records – For a better consultation experience, we have a complete personal health records(PHR) system which allows users to upload their medical records and old prescriptions and help them to declare medical condition they are facing.
- Remote Monitoring – To enable true healthcare experience, we have developed a remote monitoring system which helps doctors to monitor the patients remotely. Doctors can check the patient’s vital and can take a decision. Remote monitoring can be very helpful for the patients who are facing chronic diseases and need continuous healthcare support.
We at Advisor Healthcare ensures that we solve the problem fundamentally with proper use of technology and ensure good user experience for both care seeker and care providers.
Please download and try out our app http://healthadvisor.xyz and share your valuable feedback.
Stay Healthy! Keep Smiling! 🙂